Avid reader and doer, thriving on learning new things and driven by curiosity.
Hi! I’m Michael, a Dutch product designer based in Tokyo and I am driven by solving complex problems and turning these into simple and easy-to-use solutions.
Currently, I'm working for JapanTravel as a lead designer since April 2016. Previously, I worked at Cream - a digital agency in Lausanne, Switzerland and Tokyo, Japan - designing and improving their digital training platform and worked on a range of digital products for various industries.
Working in various startups and industries aided me in becoming an expert in my craft, enabling me to create better products through holistic design. I aim to create products that improve people’s daily lives by making them accessible, intuitive and delightful.
Besides work, I love to kickstart my early mornings with a quality cup of coffee. On the weekends you can find me at a cafe reading and relaxing while listening to jazzhop or discovering new places. I also like to socialize and frequent local UX meet-ups to meet other designers from Tokyo’s international design community.
Let’s chat over some coffee. — Michael
Lead Product Designer, Japan TravelApr 2016 - Present, Tokyo
Lead designer on our multi-language bespoke UGC platform and connected services with 10s of millions of active users.
- Aligned team vision and introduced design impact measurement through outcome focused and evidence based design strategies.
- Increased cross-functional collaboration and rapid iteration through lean and agile methodologies such as online daily stand-ups, design reviews and lightweight change management processes.
Designed and developed 30+ landing pages and websites for the company, local governments and major global brands contributing to significant increases in profit and growth.
- Increased customer inquiries by 253% through page and flow redesign for the company’s travel agency, representing one of the company’s core businesses.
- Increased return users by 18% and decreased costs by reducing return rate issues by 99% with product redesign of Japan Travel Bike.
- Increased international bookings by 400% per month with website redesign for local hotel chain.
- Increased user engagement by 18% and session duration by 55%, decreased costs for the government tourism website through redesign and consolidating 4 websites into 1.
Product Designer, CreamSep 2014 - Sep 2015, Tokyo
Designed multiple projects for a wide range of industries and major global brands.
- Increased user engagement with product redesign and gamification of BrandAcademy, Cream’s primary SaaS training and engagement platform.
- Contributed to profits through research and interactive design concepts for successful proposals and presentations.
- Created and designed informational assets such as infographics and instruction videos for various brands within BrandAcademy.
Front End Engineer Intern, Ravonet - Appstore AmsterdamMar 2013 - May 2013, Amsterdam
- Expanded companies product portfolio through design and development of modular email templates.
- Enabled company to create responsive websites through implementation and teaching of responsive design best practices such as mobile-first design.
- Maintained and nurtured customer relationships by presenting and facilitating final product hand-offs and training on professional WordPress usage.
Marketing and Communications Intern, TMG - GroupdealJun 2012 - Sep 2012, Amsterdam
Wrote hundreds of creative commercial stories for a large variety of products on the online deal marketplace resulting in thousands of sales on a monthly basis.
- Edited and composed creative product photos contributing to sales.
- Administered products in Magento in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction through support on pre- and post-sale inquiries.
Personal Projects2013 - Present
Continuous consulting on brand and design strategies for various brands.
Amsterdam University of Applied SciencesAug 2011 - Apr 2015, Amsterdam
Bachelor of Communication and Multimedia Design GPA 3.94/4.0